Friday, November 7, 2008

Cammie's Arrival

I went into the hospital on November 2 at 8 pm and they started me on the cervix pills. At 6:30 am, they started me on pitocin and by 8:30 am, Dr. Moser broke my water. Soon after, the contractions were coming faster and closer together. I of course wanted an epidural. It took the anesthesiologist 5 tries to get the epidural in the correct place. The first 4 times I was bleeding and he couldn't have blood interfere with the process.

Around 2:55 pm it was time to start pushing. I pushed twice and the nurse demanded that I stop because Cammie was crowning. Dr. Moser came in, proceeded to put her gloves on, and asked me to push. I pushed two more times and out came my precious angel.

Cammie Danielle Kiernan joined us on November 3, 2008 at 3:04 pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches.

We are home and all doing fine. Cammie lets us know when she is hungry, needs to be changed, or if she has gas. Those are the only times she is fussy. Dan and I are enjoying every minute with our little angel and we could not ask for anything better.

No comments: